The Inaugural Art Plumstead Pickle Festival took place on the evening of the 2nd of December 2014 in the Old Mill Pub, Plumstead Common. Results of this festival are available here – Pickle Results.
The pickle festival was open to everyone to enter and to judge, all at no charge! You could enter one pickle and/or one chutney.
Rules and Regulations for the Inaugural Festival 2014
Registration on the night will be between 6:15pm and 7:15pm. We will allow for registration after 7.15pm but it might reduce the number of people that taste your entry and therefore the number of votes it gets.
Judging will begin at 7:30pm. Voting forms will be provided. Here is a sample voting form (Nb there may be some small layout changes).
Points will be awarded thus: 3 points for 1st, 2 points for 2nd and 1 point for 3rd. The person with the most points in each category is the winner. In case of a draw the winner will be decided by an independent judge. A full table of results will be available on this website soon after the event
Now for the boring bit –
Contestant Rules and Regulations
1. The pickles must be prepared by the contestant submitting the item to be judged.
2. All pickles must be vinegar based with no meat products.
3. Locally grown products are encouraged. Please specify any local products on your recipe.
4. Please pre-register by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name and the type of pickle you are submitting or complete the form at the bottom of the page. If you have any questions about the Pickle Festival Contest please contact us using the form below
5. Pickles will be evaluated on the following: APPEARANCE, RECIPE, TEXTURE, TASTE and BEST OVERALL. There is a sample voting form here.
6. On day of the contest, bring your 2 unlabelled jars and an A4 copy of your recipe to the Old Mill, Plumstead Common between 6:15 and 7:15 pm. The recipe must NOT include the contestant’s name. If you are unable to print your recipe, we can print it for you. Please email a copy to email@example.com before Sunday 31st of November
7. All display entries are available for return at the conclusion of the contest.
8. Contestants may enter one product per category:
9. Please submit your entry in two glass jars: one jar to be opened for judging and one jar to be used for display.
10. Label requirements: All entries must NOT BE labelled. Anonymous labels will be provided on submission.
Judging Rules and Requirements
1. Anyone in the Old Mill on the 2nd of December 2014 can be involved in the judging (including entrants).
2. Judges will be provided with a voting form and a paper plate to put your pickles on. A sample voting form can be seen here.
3. Incomplete forms *will* be counted – you don’t need to try every pickle.
4. Judging is to commence at 7:30 pm.