Art Plumstead welcomes writers from beginners to experienced scribblers to enter our Short Story competition on the theme of ‘Summertime’. Free entry and the chance to get your story published.
- Short story Competition will open on 5th June and close on 15th July 2016.
- Winners Award Ceremony 10th September 2016 at Plumstead Library. Book token Prizes of £25, £15 & £10 awarded to the 1st 2nd & 3rd placed winning entries.
- Winning entries to be published by Art Plumstead in 2017.
We will be looking for:
- Original short stories in English 500-1000 words in length
- Stories inspired by the theme of ‘Summertime’
- Imaginative titles (not Summertime)
- Interesting characters, plots (something happens) and a sense of time and place.
Competition Entry Rules –
- Must be original, written in English and not previously published.
- Inspired by the idea of ‘Summertime’
- Story length: 500 to 1000 words:
- Submissions of fewer than 500 words or more than 1000 words will not be read.
- Please include an exact word count, which contains the title.
- No age categories
- Stories only. Poetry or prose with poetry-like formatting is not suitable.
- Competition dates:The competition will open on 5th June 2016 and close on 15th July 2016. Any entries received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- Happy to receive submissions by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
* For guidance only: a 12 pt. font, double spaced, left alignment, and one-inch margins format will help the judges.
- Include author information i.e. name, address and contact details in a cover letter only.
- Type-written document. *
- Omit all author information (including your name) from the text body, headers, and text file name. This allows anonymity in our selection process, and ensures that stories are selected entirely on merit.
- Multiple Submissions
- Up to three stories per person can be entered to the competition, but they must be submitted as separate documents.
- Entries, multiple or otherwise, cannot be returned to the author after the competition.
- First, Second and Third prizes will be awarded. Runners-up will be awarded a special mention at the judges’ discretion.
- Winning entries will be eligible for publication in 2017 by Art Plumstead.
- Copyright remains with the author, but entry to the competition implies consent for Art Plumstead to publish stories in whatever format they choose.
- The decision of the judges is final.